Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An unusual flan, its pastry free - the case is made out of pasta
Make and share this Mushroom and Pasta Flan recipe from Food.com.
- 225 g vermicelli or 225 g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 60 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150 g button mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 150 ml milk
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with the olive oil for about 10 mins (until tender). Drain well and return to the pan with the butter.
- Grease a 20cm loose bottomed flan tin press the pasta into the base and around the sides to form a crust shell.
- Now make the sauce.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in the base.
- Add the mushroom and peppers to the pan and fry for 4 mins, stirring regularly. Place the peppers and mushrooms in the base.
- Beat the eggs, milk and cream. Add the oregano, nutmeg and seasoning if desired. Pour over the vegetables and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake the flan in a preheated oven for 45 mins at 180C/350°F The filling should be set.