Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This flavorful stuffing makes enough to stuff a ten pound turkey. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1 quart oyster, shucked (reserve liquor)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Check oysters for any bits of shell.
- Combine all ingredients, including oyster liquor and mix lightly with a fork.