Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so super easy to make--and so yummy with the different varieties of A-1 out there. Try em all!
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 12 oz)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce or 1⁄2 cup a- 1 bold steak sauce
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In large skillet, over high heat, cook steaks in margarine 5 minutes on each side for to desired doneness. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- In same skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion until tender. Stir in flour until well blended. Add milk; cook until mixture thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly. Sir in steak sauce. Serve sauce over steaks and rice if desired.
Meat turned out great, but the sauce tasted a little too floury for me but that may have been my mistake. I will try it again as it was fast and easy to make.
This was very good & easy to make - it will be come a regular meal at our house. I'm on a gluten-free diet so I substituted cornstarch for flour & it turned out wonderfully!