13 hrs 45 mins
This is a comforting side dish to serve along side roasted poultry, pork or beef. The pudding should be refrigerated for at least 12 hours before baking so that the egg mixture soaks into the bread and saturates it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 13X9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a 10" saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter, add the onion, and cook, stirring until they begin to turn a golden color, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the mushrooms and cook them until golden brown, another 6-8 minutes.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, soup mix, heavy cream, and Worcestershire.
- 6Stir in the bread cubes until they are well coated.
- 7Stir in the onions and mushrooms.
- 8Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle the cheese.
- 9Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before baking Peheat the oven to 350F.
- 10Bring the pudding to room temperature, and then bake it until it is golden brown, 35-45 minutes.
- 11Let the pudding rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Onion Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 240.2 mg
- Sodium 1285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.9 g