This couscous recipe has you cook the couscous with the rest of the ingredients instead of making it, fluffing and then mixing with the other ingredients. It makes for a different flavor. You can replace 1/2 cup of the broth with white wine for a different take.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a pan large enough to hold everything.
- 2Gently cook the onion, mushrooms and nuts for 2-3 minutes or til soft.
- 3Add the couscous and broth.
- 4Season to taste as you wish.
- 5Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Garnish with chopped basil and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Nut Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 873.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g