Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My family likes omelets for dinner but this would make a nice hearty get them out of bed breakfast. Can use left-over buttered noodles. Adapted from my mom's Gooseberry Patch Mom's Favorite Recipes Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared fine egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a skillet; stir/saute the mushrooms until tender.
- Transfer mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, chives, parsley, and water.
- Add in the noodles and stir to combine.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet or omelet pan; pour in the egg mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until the bottom begins to set.
- Add the mushrooms down the center of the omelet.
- Loosen the sides of the omelet; fold one side over the other (covering the mushrooms). Cover and heat for about 3 minutes or until done.
- Transfer omelet to a warmed serving plate; slice into quarters.