Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love soups in the wintertime and this one is fantastic! Quick and easy to make.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup lentils (I like the French green ones for this recipe)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the onions in the oil until lightly browned.
- Add the broth, mushrooms, carrots, celery, lentils, rosemary and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover loosely and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf before serving.
I blended the soup to make it smoother and forgot to take out the bay leaf. Oops! lol. Anyways, it was a little bland. Next time I'll experiment with some other spices to kick it up. Thank you for the recipe!