Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very tasty and creamy soup. Everyone's Favorite!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large leeks (I use onions)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- Wash leeks very well and slice. (Use only white part).
- In 1/4 cup margarine saute leeks until tender(not brown). Remove and set aside.
- In remaining margarine saute mushrooms until soft (about 10 mins.).
- Blend in Flour, salt and cayenne.
- Gradually stir in broth, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Add vegetables.
- Cook, stirring until texture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add leeks, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes
- Sprinkle parsley on top.