Mushroom and Leek Polenta
- bring water,salt and pepper, to boil. slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly until well blended. reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10- 15 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
- remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and basil. mix well.
- pour into 8x4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. cover and refrigerate for at least three hours until firm.
- when reached desired firmness, slice polenta into 12 slices and set aside.
- in sauce pan coated with cooking spray saute rosemary, thyme, mushrooms, leeks, and garlic for about 5 minutes. add tomatoes, vinegar, wine and sliced polenta. cover and cook 10-15 minutes. uncover and turn polenta slices. cook 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened and polenta is warmed.