1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Leek Galette
1 hr 30 mins
This is the best savory vegetarian pie I have ever made! Found it online a couple of months ago. I'm watching what I'm eating, and the whole-wheat crust got me interested...Add some fresh chives to the recipe for even more flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water, for glaze
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups leeks, finely sliced (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced (mix of cremini and potrabello)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1To prepare crust: Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Puree cottage cheese in a food processor. Add oil, milk and sugar; process until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and pulse 4 to 5 times, just until the dough clumps together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times, but do not overwork. Press the dough into a disk, dust with flour and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare filling: Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. (Add water, if necessary, to prevent scorching.) Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- 3Whisk egg, sour cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add scallions, parsley and the mushroom mixture; toss to coat.
- 4To assemble & bake galette: Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rough 15-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick. Roll it back over the rolling pin and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a 2-inch border all around. Fold the border up and over the filling to form a rim, pleating as necessary. Brush egg glaze over the rim.
- 6Bake the galette until the crust is golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Leek Galette
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 473.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g