Recipe by hottpepper
I found this recipe on a pack of mushrooms. I haven't tried yet but sounds great.
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
Yum, yum, yummy! Used all button mushrooms (cheaper where I live) and left out the onion (was in a super hurry!) Couldn't believe how hardy a meatless quesadilla could be....curious to see how they reheat, DH and I couldn't stop eating until we ate them all up! Will make an appearance again on my table!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- 6 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- avocado, slices
- diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, mushrooms, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 - 9 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool, then stir in mayo.
- Have another nonstick skillet heated to medium to warm tortillas. For each tortilla, add 1/4 of the shredded jack cheese until it melts; fill with 1/4 of mushroom mixture and fold tortilla in half. Grill another 1 - 2 minutes on each side. Repeat for each tortilla. If desired, top with avocado, tomato, and cilantro.