Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe on a pack of mushrooms. I haven't tried yet but sounds great.
Make and share this Mushroom and Jack Cheese Quesadilla recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- 6 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- avocado, slices
- diced tomato
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, mushrooms, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 - 9 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool, then stir in mayo.
- Have another nonstick skillet heated to medium to warm tortillas. For each tortilla, add 1/4 of the shredded jack cheese until it melts; fill with 1/4 of mushroom mixture and fold tortilla in half. Grill another 1 - 2 minutes on each side. Repeat for each tortilla. If desired, top with avocado, tomato, and cilantro.
Yum, yum, yummy! Used all button mushrooms (cheaper where I live) and left out the onion (was in a super hurry!) Couldn't believe how hardy a meatless quesadilla could be....curious to see how they reheat, DH and I couldn't stop eating until we ate them all up! Will make an appearance again on my table!
"The best quesadillas I've ever had. So so so so so so good. Pack some in my lunch tomorrow " -DH =))
I made these for a quick lunch and they were great! Since I was pressed for time I didn't let the mixture cool or add the mayo BUT they were wonderful without them. The jalapenos added a nice bite to the mushroom mixture. My family raved over them so you can bet I will be making these often! Thanks for posting a keeper!