1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Horseradish Hamburgers (Reduced Fat)
It is Friday again and that means it is another chance for me to try to invent a healthier burger. This week we actually wanted a beef burger so I wanted to try to get it low fat but still moist and tasty. I had the idea of a horseradish and mushroom burger and this is what came out of those thoughts. The mushrooms are used sort of in place of breadcrumbs and their high moisture content helps to keep things moist. I think I may have thought that the horseradish would have been a stronger taste but in reality it was rather mellow but nice. If you want more of a bite from the horseradish I would suggest spreading a bit of the horseradish sauce on your burger bun as much more in the mix might make it too moist to hold up. Cooking time includes the chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the onion, garlic and mushrooms into a food processor or chopper and blitz for about 40 seconds to a minute until everything is mixed and the mushrooms are finely chopped.
- 2Put the ground beef into a bowl and add the mixture you just blitzed, the horseradish sauce, stock cube and the egg white.
- 3Combine the mixture with your hands and then put into the fridge for about 30 minutes to let it firm up.
- 4Take out of the fridge and form into four equal sized patties.
- 5Then either fry them in a pan or do as I do and lightly brush them with very little extra virgin olive oil and grill them on a Foreman type grill. It takes about 8 minutes for them to be cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Horseradish Hamburgers (Reduced Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g