Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking. Salt is listed twice because it is used two different ways.
Make and share this Mushroom and Herb Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large tomatoes (or 12 small ones)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cut a 1"-1 1/2" opening in the stem end of each tomato.
- Remove seeds and pulp.
- Sprinkle salt lightly inside tomatoes.
- Turn upside down and drain on paper towels for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Toss lightly and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mushroom mixture.
- If there is dressing left, divide it equally among all tomatoes.