Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In Saveur's 'The New Comfort Food'
Make and share this Mushroom and Herb Costini recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g mixed mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (cremini, oyster, button)
- 103.53 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml minced flat leaf parsley
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slice country-style Italian bread, such as ciabatta
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a small wedge)
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Toss together the mushrooms, 4 tbs oil, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper; let sit at room temperature until the mushrooms have softened, about 20 minutes.
- Put the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake bread slices until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then spoon mushroom mixture over the bread.
- Using a peeler, thinly slice strips of Parmigiano-Reggiano to garnish the crostini.