In Saveur's 'The New Comfort Food'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (cremini, oyster, button)
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices country-style Italian bread, such as ciabatta
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a small wedge)
- 1Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2Toss together the mushrooms, 4 tbs oil, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; let sit at room temperature until the mushrooms have softened, about 20 minutes.
- 4Put the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil.
- 5Bake bread slices until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 6Let cool slightly, then spoon mushroom mixture over the bread.
- 7Using a peeler, thinly slice strips of Parmigiano-Reggiano to garnish the crostini.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Herb Costini
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 235.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: