Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Real Simple Magazine, 2011
- 2 sheets puff pastry, 17 . 3 oz package thawed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, fresh
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (Sav Blanc)
- 8 ounces gruyere or 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F Unfold the pastries and cut each one into 4 squares. Place them on a baking sheet. Using a plastic fork prick the dough all over to avoid puffing.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally until the mushrooms are browned and tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute more.
- Dividing evenly, sprinkle the pastry squares with half of the cheese, leaving a 1/2 inch border on each. Top with the mushroom mixture and remaining cheese. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 20-30 minutes.