Recipe by echo echo
This is a filling for a 4-egg omelet or two 2-egg omelets for when you're having breakfast, brunch or dinner with somebody special. The combination of wine, cream & the delicate taste of Gruyere cheese makes it rich and delicious. The recipe can be doubled.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots or 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (whipping) or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped the shallots or green onions.
- Stir in the mushrooms and lemon juice.
- Add the wine and cream.
- Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
- Season with cayenne.
- Add the cornstarch in water and stir to thicken, heating through.