Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty appetizer
- 24 large mushrooms, about 1 inch
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Rinse and pat mushrooms dry, twist off stem.
- On lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a rectangle about 10x15 inches.
- Cut pastry into 2 1/2 inches squares.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a rounded 1/2 tsp of gorgonzola cheese.
- Place 1 filled mushroom in the center of each pastry square. Draw all 4 corners up to form a bundle. Carefully pinch center together to form a small knob.
- Brush each bundle gently with lightly beaten egg.
- bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tip: Bundles can be prepared up to 12 hours ahead of time and refrigerated covered. Remove from fridge brush with egg and bake.