Recipe by Coveredinharmony
A little something I threw together for my mushroom-obsessed boyfriend and his family. It tastes great with cheddar cheese and a little barbecue sauce.
- 2 tablespoons garlic, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms (any type, sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 hamburger bun, chopped into breadcrumb size (or other similarly-sized fresh bread)
- 1 -2 egg (optional)
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary (or equivalent in dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove rosemary leaves from stems. Coarsely chop.
- Saute one tablespoon of chopped garlic in small frying pan. Cook until golden brown. Add 1 tbsp rosemary and cook for about a minute.
- Add mushrooms and water. Cook until mushrooms are soft and water is evaporated. Additional water may be necessary.
- Place one tablespoon garlic, beef, bread, remainder of rosemary, and half of mushroom mixture in a bowl. Also add eggs if used. Knead until combined.
- Grease a large skillet and heat. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Divide meat mixture up into 4-6 patties. Cook to desired doneness.
- Place each patty on its own bun and top with mushroom mixture and anything else that sounds good!