Recipe by riffraff
I love the flavor of feta and mushrooms so when I found this recipe on the internet I thought it sounded so good. My only problem was that it served 8 and I needed to scale it down to serve 2, not a problem, just adjusted the ingredients and the size of the pan and of course the cooking time. I used low fat feta and it was delicious. This also freezes well. I just reheat gently in the microwave.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I scaled this down so that I used 5 eggs, and that was a good amount for 1 adult, a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Cooktime in a convection oven was 30 minutes. The 5 year old waxed lyrical about this, I liked it too and the current fussy one ate most of his. Good meal choice!
- 18 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons cream or 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half or 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb mushroom, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese (I use low fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 9 X 13 glass casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil until they are softened but not completely cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms if there is liquid in the pan, then spread evenly over bottom of casserole dish.
- Crumble feta over mushrooms.
- Beat eggs with cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour over mushrooms, then stir gently with a fork so that mushrooms and cheese are evenly distributed in the egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is starting to brown.