Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really simple to make and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand.
Make and share this Mushroom and Egg Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter in skillet over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and the mushroom mixture and bacon.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish (12x7-1/2x2-inch).
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm.
Loved this for breakfast. My husband had to ask for seconds. I added salt for taste. Thanks for sharing