Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've been on a mushroom kick lately, and these have been very popular. You can make the mushroom mixture up to 2 days in advance and just put it together and pop it under the broiler when your guests arrive. Actually, who needs guests, these are a wonderful indulgence when alone as well!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 chopped large white mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1 small thinly sliced baguette, loaf
- Mix together the cream cheese, butter, and egg yolk until very smooth.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese, pepper, mushrooms, and scallions until well mixed.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a broiling pan.
- Top each baguette slice with about a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture.
- Broil four inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
These are great Mirj, very easy to make, I used low-fat cheese cheese. I also doubled the recipe. Thanks so much for posting. This will be made by me very often.
Thes are the best! I actually like to add just a dash of garlic powder as well. I have made these at several gatherings and they are a constant hit! Thanks!!
I goofed somewhere - I cut the recipe in half followed the recipe amounts and steps made it a day ahead and refrigerated the mixture Just beforeserving I spread the mixture on thin slices of baguette however it was very soft, almost runny and did not get bubbly when I broiled them. . I do not know what I did wrong, perhaps the recipe does not reduce easily. When I make this again I will make the whole recipe and will review it again.