Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe sounds a little strange, but tastes soo good.
Make and share this Mushroom and Cranberry Rice recipe from Food.com.
- HEAT oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Cook onions, salt pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder for 3 mins
- Add mushrooms and cook for an additonal 3 min., stirring occasionally. or unitl onions are cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients Bring to boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 10 to 12 minute or until liquid is absorbed.
- Enjoy ! (I stir in more craisins to serve for more texture and a different flavor).
A surprisingly good dish, incredibly flavorful! Be aware that the 12 minute cook time will only work if you are using instant brown rice. I used whole grain brown rice, and started it boiling in the chicken broth an hour early. When I had 20 minutes left for the rice, I combined all the other ingredients as mentioned and added them to the rice for the last 10 minutes.