Mushroom and Cranberry Chicken
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, and ¾ cup water; set heat at medium-low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries are broken and the mixture is saucy, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a deep skillet with a lid; set heat to medium-high and wait a minute or so, until the oil is hot.
- Add in the chicken, skin side down, and brown it well, rotating and turning the pieces as necessary, and sprinkling with salt and pepper as it cooks, 10-15 minutes.
- Finish the browning with the skin side up.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, mushroom, rosemary, and wine; decrease heat to low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the mushrooms and pan juices and top with the cranberry sauce.