Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice for a romantic dinner, or elegant dinner party, and very easy to make.
- 118.29 ml mushroom, cleaned and sliced (Bella)
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 14.79 ml flour
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 59.14 ml sweet onion, chopped
- 2 crab legs, cooked and chopped
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter, onion, and garlic and bring to a slight simmer on low heat. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and bring to a low boil. Add flour, mix well with whisk while on low heat. (will form a rue).
- While rue is forming, boil crab legs, cool, and then shell, place crab meat aside.
- After rue forms, mix in heavy whipping cream, mushrooms, pepper, and parmesean cheese. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add crab meat, and let sauce thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve over Ravioli, or your favorite pasta.
This was indeed easy to prepare, my only change was to use crab sticks, otherwise exactly as recipe, even though I don't particularly like mushrooms. Very tasty, very rich! A little goes a long way. I served this with spaghetti, I do think it would be excellent over tortellini, ravioli or with gnocchi, I think I will try it with tortelllini next time. Thanks MellyBelly, much enjoyed, made for PAC Fall 2011