Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice for a romantic dinner, or elegant dinner party, and very easy to make.
Make and share this Mushroom and Crabmeat White Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter, onion, and garlic and bring to a slight simmer on low heat. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and bring to a low boil. Add flour, mix well with whisk while on low heat. (will form a rue).
- While rue is forming, boil crab legs, cool, and then shell, place crab meat aside.
- After rue forms, mix in heavy whipping cream, mushrooms, pepper, and parmesean cheese. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add crab meat, and let sauce thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve over Ravioli, or your favorite pasta.
This was indeed easy to prepare, my only change was to use crab sticks, otherwise exactly as recipe, even though I don't particularly like mushrooms. Very tasty, very rich! A little goes a long way. I served this with spaghetti, I do think it would be excellent over tortellini, ravioli or with gnocchi, I think I will try it with tortelllini next time. Thanks MellyBelly, much enjoyed, made for PAC Fall 2011