Recipe by MellyBelly
Nice for a romantic dinner, or elegant dinner party, and very easy to make.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This was indeed easy to prepare, my only change was to use crab sticks, otherwise exactly as recipe, even though I don't particularly like mushrooms. Very tasty, very rich! A little goes a long way. I served this with spaghetti, I do think it would be excellent over tortellini, ravioli or with gnocchi, I think I will try it with tortelllini next time. Thanks MellyBelly, much enjoyed, made for PAC Fall 2011
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, cleaned and sliced (Bella)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 crab legs, cooked and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter, onion, and garlic and bring to a slight simmer on low heat. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and bring to a low boil. Add flour, mix well with whisk while on low heat. (will form a rue).
- While rue is forming, boil crab legs, cool, and then shell, place crab meat aside.
- After rue forms, mix in heavy whipping cream, mushrooms, pepper, and parmesean cheese. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add crab meat, and let sauce thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve over Ravioli, or your favorite pasta.