Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice for a romantic dinner, or elegant dinner party, and very easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, cleaned and sliced (Bella)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 crab legs, cooked and chopped
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter, onion, and garlic and bring to a slight simmer on low heat. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and bring to a low boil. Add flour, mix well with whisk while on low heat. (will form a rue).
- While rue is forming, boil crab legs, cool, and then shell, place crab meat aside.
- After rue forms, mix in heavy whipping cream, mushrooms, pepper, and parmesean cheese. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add crab meat, and let sauce thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve over Ravioli, or your favorite pasta.
This was indeed easy to prepare, my only change was to use crab sticks, otherwise exactly as recipe, even though I don't particularly like mushrooms. Very tasty, very rich! A little goes a long way. I served this with spaghetti, I do think it would be excellent over tortellini, ravioli or with gnocchi, I think I will try it with tortelllini next time. Thanks MellyBelly, much enjoyed, made for PAC Fall 2011