Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This makes a very good filling for sandwiches and a great snack when put together! Enjoy! Note: Use the common button mushroom instead of the shitake and oyster mushrooms if you cant get those.
- 1 tablespoon pure wesson canola oil or 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, washed and chopped
- 1 cup oyster mushroom, washed and chopped
- 1 cup indian cottage cheese, diced (paneer/panir)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mango powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder (I grate the cube of Maggi Chicken or Vegetable stock with onion and use that)
- 4 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion and stir-fry on medium flame until it is transparent.
- Add chopped mushrooms and stir-fry on high flame until the water from the mushrooms is absorbed.
- Add diced cottage cheese, mango and red chilli powder and the chicken/vegetable stock cube powder.
- Stir-fry on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Transfer onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Divide the filling into 2 portions.
- Place each portion of filling between 2 slices of bread.
- Toast the prepared sandwiches in a sandwich toaster.
- Serve hot.