1/6 Photos of Mushroom and Chicken Grilled Quesadillas
The filling may be prepared up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated --- these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4-1/3 cup butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (can use Monterey Jack)
- 16 corn tortillas (5 or 6-inch size)
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- salsa (optional)
- 1Make this up to 8 hours ahead if desired: melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in chili powder, garlic and oregano; saute for about 1 minute.
- 3Add in sliced mushrooms and saute for about 10-12 minutes; remove from heat.
- 4Add in chicken, onion and cilantro; mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste; cool for about 20 minutes.
- 5Add/mix in the shredded cheese.
- 6Heat the grill to medium heat.
- 7Light brush one side of only 8 tortillas.
- 8Place them (oil-side down) on a large baking sheet.
- 9Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the 8 tortillas, spreading the mixture evenly on the tortillas.
- 10Top each tortilla with one tortilla (you should have 8 tortillas) press down with hands and then brush the top tortilla with oil.
- 11Grill quesadillas until heated through and golden brown (about 3 minutes per side.
- 12Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Chicken Grilled Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (1450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 370.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g