Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve these warm as a starter or as a delicious light meal with crusty bread or slices of hot toast
- 15 g butter
- 1 small fresh onion, finely chopped
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium egg
- 6 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon thyme, plus extra (to garnish)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a non stick pan and cook the onion and mushrooms for about 5 mins stirring frequently until very soft but not brown.
- Lightly beat the egg and stir in the creme fraiche and herbs.Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between four small dishes or ramekins and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Spoon the egg mixture over the cheese.
- cover the dishes with foil, crimpung the edges securely against the sides of the dishes.
- Put the dishes in the steamer and cover with the lid. Steam for 15-20 mins until set.
- Serve sprinkled with extra chopped herbs.