Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a hearty stuffing that bursts with texture and flavor. Mmmm, Mmmm, so yummy!
Make and share this Mushroom and Cashew Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb sliced white bread, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted cashews, halves and pieces, roasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place bread cubes on large shallow baking pan and bake until golden, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Turn oven down to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Add onions and cook until clear, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes). Add red peppers, mushrooms and celery; cook until tender – about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine with bread in mixing bowl; add nuts, seasonings, broth and beaten eggs. Stir well and pour into an 8” X 8” greased baking pan or one of similar size. (Can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated). Cover and bake for about 1 hour.