Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Try this 3 mushroom combo and you won't be disspointed. This is from the Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine(Jan 2nd'04 issue) by Anjali Vellody. Please note: You can substitute the mushrooms for 1/2 cup steamed and shredded chicken, 1/2 cup finely chopped red capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped celery. Eliminate the butter, eggs and carrots. Add 4 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup oyster mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried wild mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons carrots, julienned (cut into thin long strips)
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dried wild mushrooms in warm water for 40 to 50 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and squeeze out the remaining water.
- Chop wild mushrooms and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.
- Add butter and saute mushrooms in it until well browned.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and carrot juliennes to it.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, in another bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs to the stock mixture.
- The eggs will cook in the hot stock.
- Serve immediately.