1 hr 20 mins
Try this 3 mushroom combo and you won't be disspointed. This is from the Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine(Jan 2nd'04 issue) by Anjali Vellody. Please note: You can substitute the mushrooms for 1/2 cup steamed and shredded chicken, 1/2 cup finely chopped red capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped celery. Eliminate the butter, eggs and carrots. Add 4 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak dried wild mushrooms in warm water for 40 to 50 minutes or until soft.
- 2Drain and squeeze out the remaining water.
- 3Chop wild mushrooms and keep aside.
- 4Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.
- 5Add butter and saute mushrooms in it until well browned.
- 6Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- 7Add mushrooms and carrot juliennes to it.
- 8Cook for 4 minutes.
- 9Beat eggs, one at a time, in another bowl.
- 10Add the beaten eggs to the stock mixture.
- 11The eggs will cook in the hot stock.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom And Carrot Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.5 mg
- Sodium 404.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried wild mushrooms