Recipe by KathyP53
This is from Bon Appetit. I LOVE brunch and brunch dishes that include eggs and cheese. This is a delightful brunch dish for two.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 baby portabella mushrooms, stemmed, thickly sliced
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, Dijon mustard, pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Heat oil in small ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and capers. Saute until mushrooms are brown and juices evaporate, about 6 minutes. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cook without stirring until eggs are almost set, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil until top is brown and set, about 1 minute.
- Cool frittata 5 m inutes. Run spatula around edges to loosen and slide out onto plate. Cut in half and serve.