Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the internet and thought it sounded nice.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (820 g) can mushrooms (in butter sauce)
- 29.58 ml brandy
- 24 slice sourdough baguettes, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 450 g brie cheese, sliced
- 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until tender and golden.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add brandy and boil until liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange bread on baking sheets and bake until beginning to colour.
- Spoon mushroom mix over toasted bread.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Bake until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Jewelies these little gems are wonderful. I enjoyed these delicious little sandwiches very much. I used toasted cheddar bread and fresh mushrooms, it was what I had on hand. They worked very well in this recipe. The mushrooms and onion were perfect, tender, soft, golden. The flavors and textures blended well together creating a memorable treat. Thank you so much for sharing.