Recipe by Jewelies
I found this on the internet and thought it sounded nice.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Jewelies these little gems are wonderful. I enjoyed these delicious little sandwiches very much. I used toasted cheddar bread and fresh mushrooms, it was what I had on hand. They worked very well in this recipe. The mushrooms and onion were perfect, tender, soft, golden. The flavors and textures blended well together creating a memorable treat. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (410 g) can mushrooms (in butter sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 24 slices sourdough baguettes, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (450 g) brie cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until tender and golden.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add brandy and boil until liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange bread on baking sheets and bake until beginning to colour.
- Spoon mushroom mix over toasted bread.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Bake until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.