Recipe by rebecca684
This is a wonderful recipe I got from a Martha Stewart Magazine. It is really easy to make and so delicious. You can make it as spicy as you want by using your favorite brand of salsa.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb cremini mushroom, trimmed and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 8 corn tortillas, halved
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned, 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add black beans and stir to combine.
- Cook until beans are warmed through, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange 5 tortilla halves in a 2 quart baking dish. Top with half the bean mixture and1/2 cup salsa, then sprinkle with one third the cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of tortilla halves, bean mixture, salsa, and cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla halves, salsa, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake until center is hot and cheese melts, 10 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbling, 5 minutes.