Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good healthy Burrito. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit Cooking for Health.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup purchased tomatillo salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 flour tortillas (9-to-10 inch)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese or 6 tablespoons other cheese
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add next 3 ingredients; saute until onions are brown, about 20 minues.
- Add remaining oil and all mushrooms; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Saute until juices evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and salsa;saute 3 minutes.
- stir in cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees, Wrap tortillas in foil heat in oven for 15 minutes.
- (They can be heated in Microwave in paper towels or a tortilla warming pan.) Place a tortilla on plate, spoon mushroom mixture down the center of tortilla, sptinkle with Cheese, fold short ends of tortilla over filling, roll up, enclosing filling.
These were really good burritos, especially with guacamole. The goat cheese adds something different and special and they were nicely spiced. I used a whole can of beans for a half recipe and used more cilantro.
I followed this recipe exactly and even added fresh compari tomoatoes and sour cream. It was disgusting.
This i didn`t measure a thing just used what I had. I know I was low on onions, peppers and mushrooms. Used jack cheese. Thanks Barb!