Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Can be made and frozen ahead for a quick meal. Changing the variety of mushroom alters the flavour but I would use a meaty variety such as chestnut or portabello.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 250 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 420 g cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the oil and cook the onion, garlic, coriander and cumin for 3 - 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place half the cannellini beans in a processor and pulse to a coarse paste.
- Add the mushroom mix and the remaining beans to the paste along with the parsley; mix well.
- Shape into 4 burgers with floured hands.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the burgers for 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with burger buns and ketchup.
- ++++++To Freeze++++++.
- Wrap the uncooked burgers in cling film and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost completely before cooking.