- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small skillet.
- Saute onion, green pepper, barley and almonds in butter until almonds are toasted brown.
- Add contents of skillet and all other ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours, until barley is tender and liquid nearly absorbed.