1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Bacon Sauce
We make a lot of these sorts of sauces to go over steak and chicken breasts. I just haven't written them down before now. This amount of sauce could probably serve 4 normal people, but we are piggies and it's enough for the two of us. We sort of think of it as another side dish;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 cup cream (I always use light)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms, and cook until the onion is well softened-about 8 minutes.
- 2Add the sherry, and allow it to reduce a little.
- 3Add the lemon juice, paste, stock powder, and cream.
- 4Cook for about 5 minutes more or until reduced to a nice sauce consistency.
- 5Season to taste with pepper and stir through the herbs.
- 6Serve over steak or chicken breast.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Bacon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.7
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 148.0 mg
- Sodium 316.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g