Recipe by JustJanS
We make a lot of these sorts of sauces to go over steak and chicken breasts. I just haven't written them down before now. This amount of sauce could probably serve 4 normal people, but we are piggies and it's enough for the two of us. We sort of think of it as another side dish;-)
Top Review by lordy74
This sauce is amazing. I was down at the shops and wanted to try something a little different and thought that bacon and mushrooms would go well in a sauce. This recipe does wonders for the mushrooms and bacon. Love it!!!!!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 cup cream (I always use light)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms, and cook until the onion is well softened-about 8 minutes.
- Add the sherry, and allow it to reduce a little.
- Add the lemon juice, paste, stock powder, and cream.
- Cook for about 5 minutes more or until reduced to a nice sauce consistency.
- Season to taste with pepper and stir through the herbs.
- Serve over steak or chicken breast.