Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from fitnessmagazine.com.
Make and share this Mushroom and Asparagus Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or 8 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms or 3 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium leeks, thinly sliced or 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom broth or 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook fettuccine or linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Return pasta mixture to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook mushrooms, leek, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in broth, half-and-half, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in tomatoes, basil, and oregano; heat through.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Divide among 4 bowls or dinner plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.