Recipe by Cynna
Low in fat and sodium and delicious on pita chips, melba toast, or crackers. Great for parties!
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds in shallow pan and toast in oven about 8 minutes or until lightly browned (be careful not to burn!).
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is soft and most of the pan juices have evaporated.
- In food processor or blender, whirl almonds to form paste. With motor running, add mushroom mixture and whirl until smooth.
- Remove mixture to serving bowl and serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.