Recipe by Frank Butcher
This recipe came from a soup can label - it is easy to fix and quite tasty.
Top Review by Roxanne L.
I was in a pinch for dinner and thought to myself, there must be a way of making an 'Alfredo type' sauce with mushroom soup! I like most turned to the trusted internet search and found this recipe. How very happy and excited I was, dinner is saved! To the surprise of myself and family, this sauce was a big hit! Thank you so very much Frank, for posting this recipe. You saved me from catastrophe and my family from going hungry!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 cups linguine or 4 cups fettuccine, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine soup, milk, red pepper, cheese, garlic and parsley.
- Bring to boil at medium heat, stirring often.
- reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Pour sauce over noodles and sprinkle with pepper and additional cheese if desired.
- Notes: This is a quick-to-fix meal (takes longer to cook the fettuccine than the sauce), that will become a favourite. I usually increase the garlic to 2 plus cloves (the larger the better - but I am a garlic freak !).