My grandmom made these every Christmas with a special copper wheat sheaf mold. My uncle inherited the mold and the recipe, but the recipe was not very clear. I found this on the web so I could recreate the memory. It's cut into bars instead of being molded.
- Mix together Ground walnuts, bread crumbs, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and sugar.
- Beat egg yolks with melted butter.
- Mix beaten egg and butter mixture into mixing bowl ingredients with a wire pastry cutter.
- Firmly press the cookie mix flat into a 9 x 13 pan that has been buttered and floured on the bottom.
- It should be about one inch thick.
- It will seem crumbly at first.
- With a knife or straight edged pastry board scraper, carefully cut the dough into 1 inch by 2 inch bars.
- Bake at 325 degrees until firm, about 20- 25 minutes.
- It should darken in color a little; Watch carefully; Do Not Burn!
- Let bars cool in pan.
- After they are cooled, recut with knife and keep in cookie tin.