1/1 Photo of Mushkazone (Hungarian Spice Cookies)
My grandmom made these every Christmas with a special copper wheat sheaf mold. My uncle inherited the mold and the recipe, but the recipe was not very clear. I found this on the web so I could recreate the memory. It's cut into bars instead of being molded.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together Ground walnuts, bread crumbs, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and sugar.
- 2Beat egg yolks with melted butter.
- 3Mix beaten egg and butter mixture into mixing bowl ingredients with a wire pastry cutter.
- 4Firmly press the cookie mix flat into a 9 x 13 pan that has been buttered and floured on the bottom.
- 5It should be about one inch thick.
- 6It will seem crumbly at first.
- 7With a knife or straight edged pastry board scraper, carefully cut the dough into 1 inch by 2 inch bars.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees until firm, about 20- 25 minutes.
- 9It should darken in color a little; Watch carefully; Do Not Burn!
- 10Let bars cool in pan.
- 11After they are cooled, recut with knife and keep in cookie tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushkazone (Hungarian Spice Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 63
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 43.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g