1/1 Photo of Mushkazone (Hungarian Spice Cookies)
My grandmom made these every Christmas with a special copper wheat sheaf mold. My uncle inherited the mold and the recipe, but the recipe was not very clear. I found this on the web so I could recreate the memory. It's cut into bars instead of being molded.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together Ground walnuts, bread crumbs, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and sugar.
- 2Beat egg yolks with melted butter.
- 3Mix beaten egg and butter mixture into mixing bowl ingredients with a wire pastry cutter.
- 4Firmly press the cookie mix flat into a 9 x 13 pan that has been buttered and floured on the bottom.
- 5It should be about one inch thick.
- 6It will seem crumbly at first.
- 7With a knife or straight edged pastry board scraper, carefully cut the dough into 1 inch by 2 inch bars.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees until firm, about 20- 25 minutes.
- 9It should darken in color a little; Watch carefully; Do Not Burn!
- 10Let bars cool in pan.
- 11After they are cooled, recut with knife and keep in cookie tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushkazone (Hungarian Spice Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 63
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 43.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g