Recipe by Cookie Jarvis
We always called this Scrapple. I later found out that scrapple is mainly pork-based, and Pennsylvania Dutch (German) in origin. Great for breakfast by itself or with pancakes. Go ahead, pour some syrup on it.
- 354.88 ml cornmeal
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml flour
- 453.59 g sausage, turkey is great
- 2.46 ml sage
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 340.19 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 0.25 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornmeal, water and flour and let stand.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
- Add cornmeal mixture.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn into 3 small loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Fry slices of mush sausage in a buttered frying pan on each side until golden and crispy on the outside.