We always called this Scrapple. I later found out that scrapple is mainly pork-based, and Pennsylvania Dutch (German) in origin. Great for breakfast by itself or with pancakes. Go ahead, pour some syrup on it.
- Mix cornmeal, water and flour and let stand.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
- Add cornmeal mixture.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn into 3 small loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Fry slices of mush sausage in a buttered frying pan on each side until golden and crispy on the outside.