Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good with chicken, but you could also try pork as well. I have also used this on whole chicken breasts, not chopped the breast up & just grilled it whole. The times do not include marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar (dark)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cm gingerroot, grated (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- wooden skewer, soaked for 40 minutes before using
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the chicken into the marinade & leave overnight in the fridge. You can marinade this a couple of hours before, but it tastes better if left overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers, leaving a space between each cube.
- Cook on the BBQ for approx 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. You can also grill these in the oven on 210 degrees C as well, they take about the same amount of time for each side.
- This is nice served with steamed rice & fresh crunchy green beans.
This dish was delicious the whole family enjoyed them. I marinated it for about 2 hours and made about eight 'sticks' perfect for the three of us. I found the Muscovado sugar in a cake supply shop, the sales person told me that I could of used dark brown sugar as a substitute. For those how are curious on what Muscovado sugar is it's a dark, rich and sticky with a delicious toffee flavour. Thank you LittleKiwiChook
I absolutely love this recipe!! It's easy and very tasty!! My significant other and I loved it very much. Will be making this again. Thank you.
Fyi, I bought the muscovado sugar on ebay and it is the best i've tasted! The brand is El Maestro and it has a pure molasses taste that you can't compare anywhere else. Perfect with this recipe! :)
YES! Love skewers, they make for wonderful appetizer/starts for our summer cookouts - and could easily make for one of the main courses. Made as posted with great results - wouldn't change a thing. A great recipe for chicken breasts. Made up skewers using the chicken chunks - also did some adding green pepper along with mushrooms -the combinations looked as if I had spent hours and hours in the kitchen! And yes they were absolutely delicious. Thank you!