Chef Draco's Note:
I got these from a friend and they rock. They have 10g. of protein and 243 calories per muffin. They also have 6g. of fat and 3g. of fiber. Eat one before your work out to help build that muscle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup powdered soy protein concentrate (or whey protein)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large bananas
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses (black strap)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup other dried fruit
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 3Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
- 5Add they dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- 6Fold in dried fruits.
- 7Fill muffin tins (they will be full).
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muscle Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered soy protein concentrate