1/2 Photos of Muscat Wine Sweet Cake With Grapes
GATEAU DE BEAUMES-DE-VENISE AUX RAISINS (in French) This is a fabulous sweet cake fortified with Beaumes-de-Venise/muscat wine. Another from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 354.88 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml lemon rind, grated
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml muscat de beaumes de venise or 236.59 ml other muscat wine or 236.59 ml sweet white wine
- 354.88 ml red seedless grapes
- 1First Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- 2Take out your 10inch springform pan and brush with olive oil.
- 3Line the bottom of your pan with parchment, and then brush parchment with olive oil.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
- 5In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons EVOO, and then whisk in eggs both peels, and vanilla.
- 6Add flour mixture alternatively with your wine in 3 additions each, whisking just until the mixture is smooth after each addition.
- 7Transfer your batter to your prepared springform pan, and smooth top.
- 8Drop grapes gently over the top of batter (scatter them).
- 9Bake your cake in your preheated oven approximately 20 minutes, until the top is set.
- 10Dot the top of your cake with 2 tablespoons of butter, and then sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over.
- 11Bake until golden brown and tested comes out clean, approximately 20 more minutes.
- 12Cool in the pan on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes.
- 13Release the sides of the pan and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muscat Wine Sweet Cake With Grapes
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 316.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g