GATEAU DE BEAUMES-DE-VENISE AUX RAISINS (in French) This is a fabulous sweet cake fortified with Beaumes-de-Venise/muscat wine. Another from Bon Appetit.
- olive oil
- 354.88 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml lemon rind, grated
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml muscat de beaumes de venise or 236.59 ml other muscat wine or 236.59 ml sweet white wine
- 354.88 ml red seedless grapes
- First Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Take out your 10inch springform pan and brush with olive oil.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment, and then brush parchment with olive oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons EVOO, and then whisk in eggs both peels, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with your wine in 3 additions each, whisking just until the mixture is smooth after each addition.
- Transfer your batter to your prepared springform pan, and smooth top.
- Drop grapes gently over the top of batter (scatter them).
- Bake your cake in your preheated oven approximately 20 minutes, until the top is set.
- Dot the top of your cake with 2 tablespoons of butter, and then sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over.
- Bake until golden brown and tested comes out clean, approximately 20 more minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes.
- Release the sides of the pan and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Wonderful cake! Everyone loved it. Thank-you for the recipe